Web Application Client Module

Chung Leong chernyshevsky at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 14 20:48:45 EDT 2005

"Henk Verhoeven" <news1 at phppeanutsREMOVE-THIS.org> wrote in message
news:d3m8g1$uec$1 at news2.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> Chung Leong wrote:
> >
> > It's easy. Just create an application that hosts the MSHTML ActiveX
control
> > (IE itself minus the interface). With tools like Delphi or Visual Basic,
> > it's literally a matter of dragging and dropping the control into the
form.
> > Even in Visual C++ it's not that hard.
> >
> Hi Chung ,
>
> Of coure i want to ship my personal browser with my products too :-),
> but will this be immune to those popup blockers?

Third party extensions are not loaded by the MSHTML control, so it wouldn't
be affected by pop-up blockers--or spyware for that matters. WinXP SP2's
popup blocker is controlled by something known as IInternetSecurityManager,
whose behavior you can override by implementing your own.