Codig style: " or """

Sara Khalatbari sarapythonlist at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 11:13:21 EDT 2005

Hi!

Suppose you're writing a module & writing the
definition of each function in that module in " or
""".
for example:
a) "This function does this & that"
or:
b)  """This function does blah blah blah"""

What are the differences between " and """ ?
I'm using gedit & I wanna know a bit about coding
style.

To be very honest: I have a very strict boss who looks
for bugs in my codes & he insists to know exactly
which 'CODING STYLE AUTHORITATIVE SOURCE' I've based
my coding style on when using " or """.

Can anybody out there give me some hint?
Can anybody tell me where to find a document on python
coding style.

tnx,
Sara