gui developing

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Apr 22 15:13:55 EDT 2005

On 2005-04-22, Jaime Wyant <programmer.py at gmail.com> wrote:

> wxPython's creator, Robin Dunn doesn't seem to sleep or eat
> and is constantly answering questions.  No, I'm serious Robin
> doesn't eat or sleep

No kidding!  I think he puts more work into wxPython than a lot
of people put into their full-time jobs.  Every day right after
lunchtime (USA CST), there is always a whole batch of Robin's
answers to wxPython questions on the mailing list.

> Be warned though, that some people question the
> "cross-platformability" of wxPython.  I've been doing GUI
> stuff exclusively for windows, so I can't really speak to
> this.

I write (fairly simple apps) on Linux and deploy on Windows.
There is an occasional glitch, but it works far better than
anybody has any right to expect.

wxPython combined with py2exe and inno-setup can make writing a
windows app something that won't drive you to threats of
suicide.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  And furthermore,
                                  at               my bowling average is