Why does python class have not private methods? Will this never changed?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Apr 19 09:27:38 EDT 2005

Roy Smith wrote:
>  Simon Brunning <simon.brunning at gmail.com> wrote:
>>On 4/19/05, could ildg <could.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Private stuff always makes programming much easier.
>>
>>That contention is, at best, debatable. See
>>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/b977ed1312e10b21.
>
> Nice essay.  Now, for another look at the same issue...
> http://thedailywtf.com/forums/32534/ShowPost.aspx

Where in the original posting or in the 86 replies
in that massive page are we supposed to find something
pointed about this issue?

Also, do any of the people there use a language like
Python, or are you merely pointing to one example in
another language (Java) where, perhaps, "private"
should have been used?

Or does this actually back up Simon's point?  You
don't say and it's really unclear what your point is.

-Peter