Question about the Python Cookbook: How much of this is new?

RickMuller rpmuller at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 18:25:38 EDT 2005

I had a question about the second edition of the Python Cookbook. I own
and have thoroughly enjoyed the first edition of the Python Cookbook.
How much of the second edition is new? Is this "essential reading" if I
already have the first edition? I realize that there are new sections
that describe language features through Python 2.4, but is this, say,
10% of the book (in which case I won't buy a new copy) or is it >25% of
the book (in which case I will). The Chapter (#3) on Time/Money that's
posted on the O'Reilly website is great (and entirely new, if memory
serves).

Thanks in advance...

Rick