Python Imaging Library and PyGTK - color image path?

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Sat Apr 23 13:11:26 EDT 2005

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:20:29 +0200, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> which discusses draw_rgb_image and friends, and says that "if you can
> convert your PIL image to a  pixel data string or buffer object, you could
> use them to display the image".  here's some code that seems to do exactly
> that:
>
>     http://www.mail-archive.com/pygtk@daa.com.au/msg07167.html
>
> (but maybe this is some kind of stupid "a bitmap isn't a pixmap isn't an
> image" thing?  if so, I suggest getting a modern windowing system ;-)

A varient; I was missing the gdk.pixbuf because I assumed that because
there was a gtk.pixbuf that I knew about, that I had all relevant data.
Were that the only pixbuf, that would be an atrocity. (Particularly odd
for GTK, the *Gimp* windowing toolkit.)

(It of course figures that was the google search; I think I tried
everything but that; "python imaging library" "pygtk" isn't anywhere near
as helpful, for instance.)