Python 2.4 killing commercial Windows Python development ?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Apr 12 18:38:33 EDT 2005

Nemesis wrote:
> OK, so the python installer _does_ ship this dll. So also the win
> installer has the redistribution problem, or does they pay for
> redistributing msvcr71.dll?

The last I recall reading in this forum was that the regular
distribution is compiled with a copy of the compiler
*provided by* Microsoft.

Whether they really have in a mind a devious strategy
involving getting lots of people to ship software with
the msvcr71.dll file (and the other one: both are needed)
and then sue the pants off them is anyone's guess...

-Peter