PyGTK vs. wxPython

Michael Soulier msoulier at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:43:28 EDT 2005

On 25 Apr 2005 08:56:23 -0700, dcrespo <dcrespo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> I'm learning both, but at a slow step, so I want to know all the
> comments about this subject in this group.

Personally, I like pyGTK more because the docs are better. There's
nothing I hate more than trying to use an API that's poorly
documented, and wxPython's is horrid. The API docs are for C++ with an
occasional comment about Python, and the examples are all done with an
obsolete API that has since been updated.

I've found wxPython very frustrating for these reasons, whereas
PyGTK's docs are up-to-date and well done, easy to work with.

Maybe the wxPython people think their docs are good, but likely
they've forgotten how well they already know the API. They need to
take the time to update them.

Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier at gmail.com>