Array of Chars to String

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Apr 21 15:32:12 EDT 2005

Bengt Richter wrote:
> But since I'm playing the other side of the table for
> the moment, isn't filter to be deprecated?

How could we know? It might be removed in P3k, but does that
mean it is deprecated, as in "being disapproved", i.e. "being
passed unfavorable judgement on"?

In Python, I consider something deprecated when the documentation
says it is deprecated, or when using it raises a DeprecationWarning.
Neither is the case for filter.

That it is going to be removed in P3k does not bother me much:
I wouldn't be suprised if Python 3000 is released 995 years from
now :-)

Regards,
Martin