How standard is the standard library?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Mon Apr 18 12:07:20 EDT 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:43:15 -0400, rumours say that "steve.leach"
<stevenaleach at mac.com> might have written:

>Newbie question: Looking through my stack of books and various on-line
>references, I have seen several libraries and library functions listed
>as depreciated.
>
>Is there a road map or concrete list of what parts of the standard
>library are to be considered reliable and permanent?  Coming from C, I
>am used to library functions being set in stone.

[snip]

You didn't mention any reading of PEP 4 (which would be obvious by a
simple google search), so take a look at this:

http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0004.html
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.