How to minimize the window

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Apr 12 03:58:15 EDT 2005

Austin wrote:
> I wrote a GUI program with wxPython.
> In the window, there are 3 attributes on left top.
> "_" could let the program to minimize to tool bar.
> I want to let the program minimized to the system tray.
> Is there any way to let the window have 4 attributes?
> "."  "_"  "O " "x"

These features of window behavior are normally handled by the Windows or
X Window window manager code. Though you can reach behind the interface
and change them, it might be easier simply to have a "Migrate to System
Tray" button inside your system's GUI. This could toggle to "Normal
Iconisation" when the window only appeared int he system tray.

Or, you could do what the Windows Task Manager does, and provide both a
standard icon *and* a system tray icon.

Noticed you seem to be pretty new to c.l.py, so while I have your
attention: welcome aboard!

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/