database in python ?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Apr 11 11:37:09 EDT 2005

Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud wrote:

>> MySQL is an excellent option is very well documented.  It is also a
>> defacto standard for OpenSource databases.
>

>     MySQL sucks for anything but very very basic stuff as it supports
> no  transactions, foreign keys, procedures, triggers, concurrency, etc.
>     Postgresql is a lot better, free, and the psycopg adapter for
> Postgres is  *very very* fast (a lot faster than the MySQL one) and it
> has a  dictfetchall() method which is worth its weight in donuts !

While I wouldn't necessarily disagree with your assessment of the
relative merits of those two databases your information about MySQL is
somewhat out of date - for example, it has supported transactions for
almost two years now.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/