What is situation with threads in Python

Leonard J. Reder reder at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 25 13:46:57 EDT 2005

Hello Mark,

I took your three day course here at JPL and recall that you said
something was wrong with the implementation of threads within Python
but I cannot recall what.  So what is wrong with threads in Python?

The other part of this question is, if there is something wrong with
the threads in Python has anyone wrapped the Posix threads C api using
swig to fix this problem?  I work on Solaris/Linux systems and this
seems like a quick fix - maybe.

Enjoyed the class a great deal.  I am also sending this to the news
group in hopes of various interesting replies.  Maybe there is a web
article on this topic already that someone could send the URL.

Thanks for all replies,

Len
Leonard J. Reder
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Interferometry Systems and Technology Section 383
Email: reder at huey.jpl.nasa.gov
Phone (Voice): 818-354-3639
Phone (FAX): 818-354-4357
Mail Address: