compile shebang into pyc file

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Apr 27 12:48:02 EDT 2005

Joerg Schuster wrote:

> > #!/usr/bin/env python
> > import app
>
> Yes, of course this is a possibility. But it implies having (or giving
> away) two files.

yeah, think of all the disk space you'll waste!

> Because if you have two files, you need a third one: a README
> that tells you what to do with the two files

so you're saying that the set of people that can deal with no more than one
file at a time but knows how to install and configure Python (which in itself
comes with a few thousand files) is larger than zero?

> I think having one file is always better than having two files.

so you don't ever use modules?

you haven't distributed many Python programs, have you?

</F>