Python 2.4 killing commercial Windows Python development ?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Mon Apr 18 15:46:04 EDT 2005

Roger Binns napisał(a):

> The distutils approach is mainly useful for packages and libraries,
> not for applications.  And of course it still has the prerequisites
> issues mentioned earlier.

This reminds me, that there is still no clear direction as to where
install Python applications on Linux if one wants to be FHS-compliant.
Teoretically, one may try to install to /opt/appname hierarchy, but many
distributions simply refuse such packages (as it was the case with my
JPA in PLD Linux).

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/ | http://www.zgodowie.org/