non-ascii charater image gereration with PIL

Daewon YOON dwyoon at purunSPAMinfo.co.kr
Mon Apr 11 01:07:38 EDT 2005

Hi. I'm a newbie to this python world.

PIL has 'text(position, string, options)' method in its ImageDraw module.
Does this work with unicode or other 2byte encoded string?
It seems not working on my python2.3.5 with PIL 1.1.5.

How can I accomplish this task? Specifically I'm trying to generate
Hangeul characters (Korean characters) images from txts encoded
either in euc-kr, cp949, or unicode with TTF files.

--
zooy