schedule a monthly ftp event

Michael Hoffman cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid
Wed Apr 27 10:20:00 EDT 2005

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Jeremy Bowers wrote:
>
>> ... On UNIX, use some "cron" varient, Windows has
>> some sort of Scheduler built in but I've never done anything with it but
>> turn it off
>

> Modern Windowsen also have the "AT" command line program which is
> sometimes a much more appropriate way to get at that capability than the
> "Scheduler" GUI approach.  Haven't had occasion to use either yet,
> myself...

Personally I use the scheduler GUI and the schtasks.exe command-line
program which is an interface to the same capability. At.exe gives you
an interface to an older API.

But there is a Python interface to the older API. Here's an example:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/python/os/tasks/ostkpy01.mspx
--
Michael Hoffman