Compute pi to base 12 using Python?

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Sun Apr 17 07:22:37 EDT 2005

Bengt Richter wrote at 02:26 4/17/2005:

> >Could someone remind me how to get the output of bc -l into a text file
> >on Windows? (I've tried employing " > pi3003.txt" in various ways) OR,
> >how to copy and paste from the command line window, or whatever that
> >window is called? (Sorry for the OT question.)
>To copy from the command window to the clipboard:
>
>1. Scroll top of desired stuff to make it visible near top
>2. Hold down Alt
>3. Tap Space Bar
>4. Release Alt
>5. Tap e
>6. Tap k
>7. Use mouse or arrow keys to place cursor on top left corner of desired box
>8. Hold down Shift
>9. Use arrow keys or mouse-with-left-button-pressed to go to bottom
>right character of desired box
>9a. If the bottom is out of sight, keep holding  shift down and pretend
>you can cursor down below bottom.
>     the attempt should make the screen scroll up and select more
> desired material. If you overshoot, don't panic,
>     just keep holding down shift and use arrows (the are slower) or
> mouse-with-left-button-still-down to move to
>     desired bottom right corner.
>10. Release mouse button if using that
>11. Release Shift
>12. Press Enter
>That should copy to the clipboard and make the selection box revert to
>normal display.
>
>Pasting from clipboard is up to you. Pasting into the command window
>from clipboard
>is 2-5 above, and Tap p

Thanks for showing me another way. But Roel Schroeven's

"to copy from the command prompt window: open the system menu
(icon in the top left corner of the window) and choose Edit->Mark. Then
select what you want to copy and press Enter or choose Edit->Copy in the
system menu."

seems to be easier.

>PS. Redirecting with > from a script whose interpreter was started by
>windows extension association
>doesn't work on some version of windows. To be safe, invoke the
>interpreter explicitly, e.g.,
>     python myscript.py [whatever args here] > pi3003.txt

Thanks very much for this.

What kind of args could I use here?

Dick