check instace already running...

Sidharth Kuruvila sidharth.kuruvila at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 05:21:45 EDT 2005

I haven't tested this. There is probably a better way of doing this
looking at process information. I use a lock file to mark that the
program is already running. The problem is that for an abrupt shutdown
the file might not be removed.

import atexit
if os.path.exists(lockfile):
   print "there is an instance already running"
else:
   file(lockfile, "w").close()
   atexit.register(lambda:os.remove(lockfile))

//Your code here

--
http://blogs.applibase.net/sidharth