Embedding & Extending Python &other scripting languages

Tommy Nordgren tommy.nordgren at chello.se
Thu Apr 21 00:20:17 EDT 2005

I'm interested in doing a rather ambitious project concerning compiler
construction tools.
My tools will parse specification files containing for example lalr
parser specifications.
The specifications will contain embedded semantic actions which i want to
allow writing in any object-oriented language.
The specifications will name a scripting language and a target language
module . Then my tool will create an embedded interpreter for the
scripting language, which will load a target language module written in
the scripting language, and use it to generate code in the target
language.

I want to provide my system as open source.

Now my basic problem is how to find what scripting languages are
installed on a users system, and generate the necessary makefiles
automatically. I will be using swig for interface creation.
I want to support at least perl and python, with target language support
for at least java and c++ initially.

I probably want to support codegenerators written in ruby and tcl as
well.

Any help would be appreciated.

I prefer email replies to <tommy.nordgren at chello.se>

Stockholm, April 21, 2005