Job openings for scientifically-oriented programmers

bior_jobs at yahoo.com bior_jobs at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 10:15:19 EDT 2005

Positions:  Scientific Programmers

Location:  Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Bioinformatics
and Outcomes Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St.
Louis, Missouri

Our newly created Division of Bioinformatics and Outcomes Research has
immediate openings for scientifically-oriented programmers.  We are
developing software systems for clinical and research use, including
storage and visualization of three-dimensional image datasets as well
as radiation therapy dose distributions (see our web-page at
http://radium.wustl.edu/cerr). The successful candidates would be
involved in various projects which require software development,
possibly including image visualization, data re-formatting,
optimization techniques, parallel processing, database construction,
and other aspects of radiation therapy treatment planning and outcomes
research.  Strong computational and mathematical skills are needed.
The Dept. of Radiation Oncology has a large clinical service in the use
of radiation to treat cancer, as well as a large, active, academic
group involved in a full range of radiotherapy research activities.
Helpful experience would include scientific programming (any language),
matrix language programming (Python, Fortran90, Matlab, IDL, PVWave, or
similar), related course work, and a strong interest in scientific
programming.  Beginning salary depends on experience and background.
The positions begin as soon as July 1, 2005.

Interested candidates should e-mail a resume, including GPAs if
recently graduated or still a student.  Contact:  Joseph Deasy, Ph.D.,
Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology and Director, Division of
Bioinformatics and Outcomes Research, Dept. of Radiation Oncology,
Washington University School of Medicine, at the email address:
bior_jobs at yahoo.com.  Washington University School of Medicine is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we encourage
minorities to apply.