fpectl

Sébastien Boisgérault Sebastien.Boisgerault at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 09:16:28 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me why I can't load the fpectl module in my Python
interpreter:

>>> import fpectl
Traceback: ...
ImportError: No module named fpectl

My platform is Linux (Mandrake 10.x) + Python2.4, built from the
(python.org) sources and configured with the --with-fpectl option.

Any idea ? Is the Python Library Reference obsolete on this point or
did I miss something ?

I have understood from the previous posts on the subject that the whole
floating-point issue (or specifically IEEE 754 support) is quite
complex
and highly platform-dependent. Therefore I guess that I cannot take for
granted the expected behavior of fpectl functions. But at least I
should
be able to import it, shouldn't I ?

Cheers,

S.B.