PyGTK vs. wxPython

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Apr 25 12:33:53 EDT 2005

On 2005-04-25, Ivan Voras <ivoras at fer.hr> wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> Huh?  wxPythonGTK requires GTK runtimes as well:
>
> He was probably talking about Windows, where wx toolkit uses native
> (more or less...) controls.

Ah -- I forgot that GTK was an option under Windows.  The last
time I played with PyGTK was a couple years ago and the Win32
port wasn't done yet.

> But then, installing GTK runtime libraries on Windows is a
> one-click job, there are automated installers for it.

I suppose using native widgets should preserve the look and
feel users are used to.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I had a lease on an
                                  at               OEDIPUS COMPLEX back in