Python or PHP?

Mage mage at mage.hu
Sat Apr 23 12:24:05 EDT 2005

Tim Tyler wrote:

>Mage <mage at mage.hu> wrote or quoted:
>

>>check this: http://wiki.w4py.org/pythonvsphp.html
>>

>Good - but it hardly mentions the issue of security - which seems
>like a bit of a problem for PHP at the moment.

I don't think so. Bad programmers are able to write bad programs in any
language. Maybe there are more bad php programmers than python
programmers and the 70% of the dynamic world wide web is copied from
user comments in the php.net/manual. However one of the worst cases is
the sql injection attack. And sql injections must be handled neither by
php nor by python but by the programmer.

I think a website or even a large portal is a well constructed database
with triggers and stored procedures and some "echo", "if", "foreach" and
"while" in the php code.

To me the advantage of python seems to come out when you deal with xml,
file handling or when you have to write a native server application for
your website. But I am so new here, others may say other things.

       Mage