where is python.h? / NumPy installation

martino m.barenco at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:01:11 EDT 2005

> It *should* be
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/python2.3/Python.h
>
> In the meantime, you can snag a pre-built Numeric from
>
>    http://pythonmac.org/packages/

It was not there to start with and by trying to install xcode from
apple's developpers site, I ended up screwing the pre-installed
version of python. So, I reinstalled a new build of python (2.4.1)
found on python.org (which put the coveted Python.h at the right place
and also the IDE) and then the pre-built of Numeric you just
mentionned and it now seems to work, so thanks a lot for the tip.

The original problem must stem from my installing panther over jaguar
in my machine, something must have gone wrong then.

Thanks again

Martino