boring the reader to death (wasRe: Lambda: the Ultimate Design Flaw

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 23:32:47 EST 2005

[Aahz]
>> "The joy of coding Python should be in seeing short, concise, readable
>> classes that express a lot of action in a small amount of clear code --
>> not in reams of trivial code that bores the reader to death."  --GvR

[Sunnan]
> Can anyone please point me to the text that quote was taken from? I
> tried to use a search engine but I only found quotations, not the source.

That's because it was originally in email to a company-internal
mailing list.  If you're willing to move to Fredericksburg, VA and
work for Zope Corp, perhaps they'll let you in to the PythonLabs list
archives.  Fair warning:  I work for Zope Corp, and I'm not sure I can
get into those archives.  So don't switch jobs _just_ for that.