py2exe - create one EXE

James Carroll mrmaple at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 13:19:52 EDT 2005

I like that you can automatically invoke NSIS and create an installer,
but I thought the question was how can all of the libraries be in a
single runnable program executable (not a program that installs, but
the program that you wrote.)

I don't think you can do this, because (unless you have your own
version of python that statically links with all of the module's
native code that you need) you would have to have some code that loads
DLLs that are packed in your executable at the moment that the import
happens for that module.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to minimize the files that
have to be in the same directory as my executable (or nearby, or in a
common lib dir.)

(sorry you got this twice Craig.)

-Jim