Docorator Disected

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Apr 3 01:37:02 EST 2005

Ron_Adam wrote:
>>Ah, so you did not know functions are objects just like numbers,
>>strings or dictionaries. I think you may have been influenced by other
>>languages where there is a concept of static declaration of functions.
>

> No, I did not know that you could pass multiple sets of arguments to
> nested defined functions in that manner.

Please read the statements carefully, and try to understand the mental
model behind them. He did not say that you can pass around multiple
sets of arguments. He said that functions (not function calls, but
the functions themselves) are objects just like numbers. There is
a way of "truly" understanding this notion, and I would encourage
you to try doing so.

Regards,
Martin