Text & Unicode processing references on the web.

anthony hornby anthony.hornby at cdu.edu.au
Fri Apr 8 21:10:25 EDT 2005

Hi,
I am starting my honours degree project and part of it is going to be
manipulating ASCII encoded XML files from a legacy database and
converting them to Unicode and doing text processing stuff on the data.

I am new to python ( total n00b ) but am keen to use it as the rest of
the software my application has to extend is already written in python,
plus I've always wanted to learn more about it - so here's my chance :-)

I've written stuff in Java and Perl so I expect I'll pick up the basics
without too much trouble.

Can anyone point out some good "Python & Unicode" and "Python & Text
processing" resources on the net to get me started? Any good book
recommendations?

Thanks a lot for your help.

--
Mr Anthony Hornby RHCE BIT ALIATEC
Library Systems & Technology Coordinator