New to Tkinter...

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Tue Apr 19 10:00:42 EDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:35:03 -0400, Peter G Carswell <pete at osc.edu> wrote:

> Good Morning.
>
> I am new to Tkinter. I have been testing the installation of Tkinter
> through the python web site. The first two test steps give no errors,
> 'import _tkinter' and 'import Tkinter'. However, the third step,
> 'Tkinter._test', gives the error:
>     <function _test at 0xb7ec8df4>

This is not an error. It's just the value of the _test function in the Tkinter module. You don't give the URL where you found the installation/test instructions, but you probably want:

Tkinter._test()

which *calls* the function. Tkinter._test just returns its value (functions are first class objects in Python...)

HTH
--
python -c 'print "".join([chr(154 - ord(c)) for c in "U(17zX(%,5.z^5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-"])'