unittest vs py.test?

Nigel Rowe rho at see.signature.invalid
Fri Apr 1 01:27:45 EST 2005

Roy Smith wrote:

> I've used the standard unittest (pyunit) module on a few projects in the
> past and have always thought it basicly worked fine but was just a little
> too complicated for what it did.
>
> I'm starting a new project now and I'm thinking of trying py.test
> (http://codespeak.net/py/current/doc/test.html).  It looks pretty cool
> from
> the docs.  Is there anybody out there who has used both packages and can
> give a comparative review?

Have you seen Grig Gheorghiu's 3 part comparison of unittest, and py.test?

http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/01/python-unit-testing-part-1-unittest.html
http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/01/python-unit-testing-part-2-doctest.html
http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/01/python-unit-testing-part-3-pytest-tool.html

--
        Nigel Rowe
        A pox upon the spammers that make me write my address like..