embedding an interactive console

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Thu Apr 28 15:46:11 EDT 2005

I did this YEARS ago with Python 1.5, and I recall it being slightly
painful. I have an embedded Python interpreter and I want to provide an
interactive console (implemented in my GUI application with a Qt
TextEdit widget). I can handle the GUI part of it, but I'm wondering
what the latest Python method of implementing this is.

I note the documentation for InteractiveConsole, which is implemented in
Python. Is there any example code for using this from within C/C++ code
to emulate the command-line interpreter inside a GUI app?