freeze and expat

Operation Latte Thunder chris at angband.org
Thu Apr 21 08:34:38 EDT 2005

I am playing around with jabberpy, and on a lark decided to try to freeze
one of the included samples, test_client.py

The freeze/build worked fine, but when I attempted to run the resulting
binary, I got an error hinting that it couldn't find parsers.expat:

canal:/home/chris/build% ./test_client
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/chris/build/../test_client.py", line 15, in ?
    import jabber
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/jabber.py", line 67, in ?
    import xmlstream
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xmlstream.py", line 36, in ?
    import xml.parsers.expat
ImportError: No module named parsers.expat

I have tried this with python2.3.5 and 2.4.1, and played around with the -m
option on the freeze cmd line, but no joy.  Google seems to delight in
frustating me...

In a much simpler case than the test_client.py, the following also fails:

import xml.parsers.expat
print "Hello world"

Though it runs from the interpreter... ideas?

--
chris at acheris.net			|             Roma Invicta!