semicolons

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Tue Apr 12 02:35:17 EDT 2005

Mage <mage <at> mage.hu> writes:

> I amafraid of I will stop using semicolons in other languages after one
> or two months of python. However I see that python simply ignores the
> semicolons atd the end of the lines.

I notice that when switching between Python and Delphi I'll sometimes type "if
... then ..." constructs in Python or "if ... :" in Delphi, or define classes
the wrong way, but I get used to the different syntax extremely quickly (I might
make a mistake once or twice, that's it). Same goes for semicolons.

So I wouldn't worry about it, just write Python in Python, PHP in PHP, C in C,
etc. The semicolons are only a very small part of the differences between
languages and their absence is detected by the compiler when you forget them.

Yours,

Andrei