Python licence again

Laszlo Zsolt Nagy gandalf at geochemsource.com
Fri Apr 22 14:54:16 EDT 2005

  Hi All!

I know there has been a post about Python licencing but I have different
questions. I tried to Google for "Python Licence" and "Python Licencing"
but I could not find the answer.
Is there a place where I can ready about Python licencing? (A FAQ
maybe?) I really need to know the details of the licence, but not in the
lawyer's language. Just simple questions:

- How put a software under the Python licence?
- What can I do with the software?
- What can't I do?

I only need to know the most common things (like who can copy,
distribute, who can ask for money etc.)

I would like to make a bigger application. I would like to make it Open
source. GPL is not so good because I would like to encourage commercial
users too. I believe the best is to use the same licence for my application.

Thank you,

   Laci 2.0

  Laszlo Nagy		      web: http://designasign.biz
  IT Consultant		      mail: gandalf at geochemsource.com