(win32) speedfan api control

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Mon Apr 4 13:09:43 EDT 2005

>>It makes me curious if I can get also the
>>temperatures into Python script for
>>further processing

> Winspector is good for this kind of thing.

Thanks for the link to Winspector - with this
tool it's really easy to find out the names
required to get down to the window elements
of a running application.

In the special case of speedfan there seems
to be no way to get the temperatures shown
in Reading tab into a Python script, because
the texts with the temperature values are not
separate window elements. The only
message sent to "TJvPanel" (it's the class
of the element with the temperatures)  is
WM_PAINT with 0, 0 values, so the actual
temperatures are "hidden" from beeing
accessed as easy as the value of the
checkbox.
Knowing the rectangle of the "TJvPanel"
it should be probably possible to OCR
the text shown, but this is another story.

By the way: is there a free tool (primary
for Windows, but best for both Linux
and Windows) able to get the text of the
word under the current mouse pointer
position like it is done e.g. by Babylon
translator?

Claudio

news:mailman.1291.1112618988.1799.python-list at python.org...