A little request about spam

Bill Mill bill.mill at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:41:49 EDT 2005

On 4/14/05, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> Bill Mill wrote:
>
> > > Maybe we should contact the gmail admins?
> >
> > I've already contacted the gmail admins. There was no response.
>
> have you tried reading the newsgroup via
>
>     http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python
>
> while being logged in to your gmail account?

Yup, I don't like that interface *nearly* as much as I do the gmail
interface. In gmail, I see threads as their subject headers, lined up
neatly. Threads which I've read are dimmed, and ones I haven't are
bolded. I see people's real email addresses . Threads in which I have
a personal conversation with one of the authors pop up to the top when
a private email comes in. Spam ("The greatest news ever!") is filtered
out, and up until recently, it was very successful.

In short, the groups-beta interface is very inadequate compared to the
gmail one.

Peace
Bill Mill
bill.mill at gmail.com