Pseudocode in the wikipedia

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Apr 1 08:34:11 EST 2005

The free wikipedia is adopting a standard pseudocode:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Wikicode/Specification

MShonle says something nice:
I support the idea of wikicode. Basically I think we should present
code in a Python-like language that doesn't carry so much baggage. For
example, we can use English sentences (or sentence fragments) instead
of requiring the reader to understand some obscure Python library.
(Further, Python has the baggage that there are no block-terminators:
i.e., no "}" or "end"s or "fi"s or "repeat"s. By adding such
terminators, we can make it a lot less ambiguous to all readers.) In
otherwords, we're basically right on track: removing the quirks of
Python, and making it higher-level.

Bearophile