Python or PHP?

Mage mage at mage.hu
Sat Apr 23 14:13:24 EDT 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

>sql injection?  what's your excuse for not using data binding?

I am not sure I truly understand your question.
So far my own servers didn't get successful sql injection attack. I just
saw some on other sites and did one for demonstration.

Avoid them is easy with set_type($value,"integer") for integer values
and correct escaping for strings.

However, php programmers usually don't initialize their variables
because they don't have to do. They even turn off warnings and errors.
Our php errorlog at my full time working company is so huge I could cry.
We have php-copypasters.
I don't know anyone IRL who uses python. So I started to learn it.

       Mage