Which IDE is recommended?

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Thu Apr 28 07:34:09 EDT 2005

    Brian> Ville Vainio wrote:
    >> Perhaps you are just being impatient?
    >>
    >> Also, make sure that Preferences/pydev/code completion has
    >> "Autocomplete on '.'" box checked.

    Brian> Yeah, that option is enabled. I actually just discovered
    Brian> that it does work in the example you give and for other
    Brian> modules in the standard library. But calls to standard
    Brian> library modules only occur maybe twice in any of my big
    Brian> scripts... the problem is I've been trying code completion
    Brian> with third-party modules and local classes, which still
    Brian> doesn't work.

>From the faq at http://pydev.sourceforge.net/faq.html:

How do I set the PYTHONPATH for code completion to work in my project?

To set the PYTHONPATH for code completion purposes, you have to right
click your project root, choose properties->PyDev PYTHONPATH and set
it. The Restore PYTHONPATH button should get your enviroment
PYTHONPATH and automatically set it. If it does not work, check python
interpreter is correctly set (see questions above).

Does this help?

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb