Python Cookbook

rdsteph at mac.com rdsteph at mac.com
Sun Apr 3 10:58:38 EDT 2005

I want to just second this comment by Heike. I received my copy of the
2nd Edition from O'Reilly on Friday. I am still working my way slowly
through the first chapter on Text, and  I am nearing the end of that
chapter.

I intend to work my way through sequentially, because I can't think of
a better way to improve my understanding of intelligent usage of
Python. So far, even the recipes and discussions that are reach-out and
difficult for me are beginning to make sense after I read carefully and
sometimes re-read the discussions. I couldn't ask for better
instruction, and the effort I make to learn is richly rewarded.

I know that the material will become considerably more complex as I
move deeper into the book, but the work of the authors and editors in
chapter one gives me faith that I can make progress as I go, as long as
I make the effort to really try to understand each recipe's discussion.

This will no doubt be a valued reference work, but I am finding it to
be a uniquely rewarding educational experience.

Ron Stephens
www.awaretek.com/plf.html