Calling a Perl Module from Python ( future direction of Python)

D H no at spam
Wed Apr 6 17:36:42 EDT 2005

gf gf wrote:
> Really!  That's a pity... Instead of trying to
> recreate a repository the size of CPAN, a Python
> interface to Perl modules is really called for.

CPAN modules are designed for Perl though.  There's pyperl like they
mentioned but it's like speaking two languages at once.
It's not like the Java standard library or the .NET/Mono standard
library that can be used easily with different languages.  For Python,
see PyPI and the Vaults of Parnassus: http://www.python.org/pypi
http://www.vex.net/parnassus/

> Instead of fretting over decorator syntax and
> lispiness, might I suggest that development efforts be
> directed to this?  Developers, are you listening?
> Guido?

They are actually focusing more on the python standard library lately.