modules and namespaces

Laszlo Zsolt Nagy gandalf at geochemsource.com
Tue Apr 19 09:20:26 EDT 2005

>However it doesn't work until I import the string module into m1 and m2
>modules. I found in the manual that imported modules will be searched in
>the container module first. Is it more efficient to import the string
>module into main and m1 and m2 than importing only into m1 and m2?

I bet the most efficient is

str.join( ('a','b'))

The reason is that 'str' is a built-in type. But since new style classes
were introduced, they are also real objects with methods. :-)

p.s.: Hello Mage. I'm also known as nagylzs at enternet dot hu. Do you
remember me from the SQL list? Good to see you here. :-)

  Laszlo Nagy		      web: http://designasign.biz
  IT Consultant		      mail: gandalf at geochemsource.com

     		Python forever!