LD_LIBRARY_PATH - how to set?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Mon Apr 4 13:31:52 EDT 2005

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:13:03 GMT, rumours say that Joal Heagney
<joal at bigpond.net.au> might have written:

>>><wrapped program> $*
>>>-----------------------------------------------------------
>>

>> And you should change that last line to:
>>
>>   <wrapped program> "$@"
>>

>Ah yes, because we want the arguments passed in as seperate words, not
>as a whole string.

No, this would happen if your last line was

<wrapped program> "$*"

To summarize, suppose your script is called with the following
arguments:

<wrapper_script> "File with space.txt" arg2 arg3

Here follow "last lines" and the corresponding sys.argv[1:]:

LAST LINE: <wrapped_program> $*
SYS.ARGV : ["File", "with", "space.txt", "arg2", "arg3"]

LAST LINE: <wrapped_program> "$*"
SYS.ARGV : ["File with space.txt arg2 arg3"]

LAST LINE: <wrapped_program> "$@"
SYS.ARGV : ["File with space.txt", "arg2", "arg3"]

For more information, see man 1 bash or man 1 ksh or man 1 sh.  Don't
know if this applies to *csh family.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.