workaround for generating gui tools

flupke flupke at nonexistingdomain.com
Sat Apr 9 10:28:26 EDT 2005

Hi,

i create my GUIs mainly via wxGlade. However when you start of to
program and want to do some rearranging to the gui, wxglade overwrites
your file and you've got to put your own code back in.

I think i can work around that (at least a bit) by making a second file
that imports the gui generated by wxglade and make classes that extend
the original ones.
For instance i could have a class MainForm that extends the wxFrame
class that wxGlade produces.

Are there other clever ways to work around this problem?

Thanks,
Benedict