Python documentation moronicities (continued)

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Tue Apr 12 18:37:09 EDT 2005

On 12 Apr 2005 15:06:30 -0700, "runes" <rune.strand at gmail.com> wrote:

>Luckily I found this regex howto:
>http://www.amk.ca/python/howto/regex/ and that helped a lot.

Luckily??? AMK's howto is pointed to by the 3rd paragraph of Section
4.2.1 of the documentation that you are dissing:

"""
A brief explanation of the format of regular expressions follows. For
further information and a gentler presentation, consult the Regular
Expression HOWTO, accessible from http://www.python.org/doc/howto/.
"""

>In
>addition, Mr. Magnus Lie Hetland coincidentally  posted a question on
>this list that got answers that helped me out.
>(http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/734cdb90078d5298/fc4c56ca66231d7f?q=Hetland&rnum=2#fc4c56ca66231d7f)

The answers (paraphrased) were "read the [Xah-Lee-word]ing manual".
I'm glad that you RTFMed, and that it helped you. You should do so
more often.