Creating a Package

yuba at conwaycorp.net yuba at conwaycorp.net
Sun Apr 10 15:48:34 EDT 2005

I have written an object to handle dealing with fixed and delimited records
[Note: This is the routine I talked about at PyCon and many wanted to me help
out but I lost your names.  There's still work to be done so email me if you're
still interested].

Most of the version 1.0 heavy lifting is complete, but I need some help turning
the routine into a package and creating the install scripts for windows and
*nix.

If you want to help with the development of the package (and there's still a lot
I want to do), please get in touch.  Look for it on sourceforge; the project
name is pyDataSegment.  If someone can teach me how to turn this into a package
and/or create install scripts, please drop me a line.  I think the routine will
be useful in the IT community; I have used it in one form or another for over 5
years and would like to give it to others.

Thanks for your help,
--greg