Python's use in RAD

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Sat Apr 16 17:35:35 EDT 2005

Ross Cowie napisał(a):

> I am currenly a second year university student and was wondering if you
> could help me ut. As part of a project i have decided to write about
> python, i am not having very much luck with regards to finding
> infrmation on pythons use in Rapid Application Development, and was
> wondering of you could highlight some of the features that make it
> suitable for RAD. Like the use of dinamic binding.

I develop applications in python on AS/400 really fast -- that is,
rapidly ("five to eight" times faster comparing to Java, even more when
comparing to RPG). Dynamic & strong typing, comprehensive standard
library and clean syntax makes Python ideal for RAD event on such
obscure platforms as i5 (formerly known as iSeries, formerly known as
AS/400).

For me, at least.

--
Jarek Zgoda