text analysis in python

Maurice LING mauriceling at acm.org
Sun Apr 3 09:38:21 EDT 2005

		.
> I don't know if you're aware that, in a fairly strong sense,
> anything "[i]n the Java world" *is* "for Python".  If you
> program with Jython (for example--there are other ways to
> achieve much the same end), your source code can be in
> Python, but you have full access to any library coded in Java.

Yes, I do know the presence of Jython but had not used it in any
productive ways. So I might need some assistance here... Say I code my
stuffs in Jython (importing java libraries) in a file "text.py"... Will
there be any issues when I try to import text.py into CPython?

My impression is that NLTK is more of a teaching tool rather than for
production use. Please correct me if I'm wrong... The main reason I'm
looking at NLTK is that it is pure python and is about the comprehensive
text analysis toolkit in python. Are there any projects that uses NLTK?

Thanks and Cheers
Maurice