HTTPSConnection script fails, but only on some servers (long)

Paul Winkler stuff at slinkp.com
Fri Apr 15 17:37:30 EDT 2005

andreas at kostyrka.org wrote:
> In the meantime you should take a look a cURL and pycurl, which do
support
> all kind of more extreme HTTP (FTP, etc.) handling, like using https
over
> an proxy.

Well, I got a pycurl solution working very nicely in twenty minutes,
including the time it took to read the libcurl docs and

I still wish I understood the original problem better. I'd like to
file a bug report against HTTPSConnection, but I'm afraid that without
understanding the server config better it might just be noise in the
collector. Should I go ahead anyway?

Thanks everybody!

-PW